Low sperm count is one of the key reasons of male infertility. Others include poor sperm morphology. As per WHO guidelines sperm concentration should be over 20 million per milliliter. If count is less than 20 million per milliliter, it is referred as low.
Sperm count is affected by many variables from environmental factors to biological issues, to life style choices etc. However, there are many ways to Increase sperm count naturally.
1. Avoid Smoking: Smoking reduces sperm motility by fifty percent. Keeping away from smoking helps increase sperm motility as well as it helps in overall reproductive wellness.
2. Alcohol use: Alcohol abuse does affect sperm motility. Giving up this habit can improve sperm count.
3. Avoid use of cocaine or marijuana: if you want healthy sperm production than you should avoid any kind of use of cocaine or marijuana as it can reduce count and decrease the quality of sperm in semen.
4. Avoid other illegal drugs: Anabolic steroids which are taken to stimulate muscle strength and growth can also cause the testicles to shrink and decrease production.
5. Maintain proper weight: Weight also play a very important role in your male fertility. Weight increase can cause hormonal imbalance which in turn reduces sperm count. For healthy production of good quality sperm you should maintain a proper healthy weight.
6. Reduce Stress: Any kind of prolonged stress is harmful for sperm production. As stress can interfere in the proper function of certain hormones it results in low sperm count and poor quality of sperm. If you want healthy sperm production than you should reduce stress levels by regular practice of yoga or any other kind of meditation.
7. Eat balanced food: In order to maintain healthy reproductive life, you should take balance food which contains proper amount of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins C and E are especially important as these vitamins are thought to protect sperm against damage by the environmental stressors.
8. Avoid hot bath or saunas: you should avoid hot bath or hot tub or saunas as these can cause low sperm production or bad quality of sperm. If you are spending 30 minutes or more in high temperature water (around or over 102 degrees Fahrenheit) than it can significantly lower sperm count.
9. Avoid heating of testicles: Tight clothing, prolonged sitting or using laptops on one’s lap for a long time can cause low sperm production. So, you should choose your clothes carefully and take a break after every hour from continuous sitting.
10. Prolonged bicycling. Prolonged bicycling is another possible cause of reduced sperm count due to overheating of the testicles
Apart from the above ways to and Increase male fertility, you can also try natural supplements like Fertilaid for Men or Countboost or Motilityboost which promise to increase sperm production and improve sperm motility. Checkout these natural and herbal dietary supplements as they have no side effects.